We depend on individual donations to survive. Please Donate any amount to help keep this non-profit effort going.

Boy Scout Roadhouse

The first Beach Chalet had a long and moving history
SF West History Minute - Mar 20, 2013

Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.


More History Minutes
  • The King Philip Shipwreck

    On January 25, 1878, The King Philip was one of three ships to leave San Francisco Bay, but the only one to stay in San Francisco. (SF West History Minute Apr 19, 2011)
  • Mystery Dividing Line

    Funny shaped buildings in West Portal mark a link to San Francisco's Mexican era (SF West History Minute Apr 29, 2011)
  • Sutro Library

    The Sutro Library reopens at their fancy new digs (SF West History Minute Aug 8, 2012)
  • Engine Company 33

    117 Broad Street is a historic 1890s firehouse and formerly the home of Engine Company 33. (SF West History Minute May 27, 2010)
  • Hydrant Seek

    Jamie O'Keefe discusses the ebbs and flows of San Francisco's differing fire hydrants (SF West History Minute May 15, 2013)
  • Smaller Stucco

    In 1941, builder Ray Galli broke the Sunset District mold with his tiny single-story homes. (SF West History Minute Nov 9, 2009)