We depend on individual donations to survive. Please Donate any amount to help keep this non-profit effort going.

Life Saving Station

Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District.
SF West History Minute - Nov 17, 2009

Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.


More History Minutes
  • 70 Years of Sunset Butchery

    The Bowcock family opened their first butcher shop on 20th Avenue in 1908. (SF West History Minute Sep 15, 2010)
  • Larsen Park

    One man's gift to the City (SF West History Minute May 27, 2009)
  • Smaller Stucco

    In 1941, builder Ray Galli broke the Sunset District mold with his tiny single-story homes. (SF West History Minute Nov 9, 2009)
  • New Shack Identified

    Recent renovations yield a historic dicovery in the Castro... another 1906 Earthquake refugee cottage. (SF West History Minute Jul 31, 2009)
  • Sunnyside Conservatory

    Reopening the Sunnyside Conservatory (SF West History Minute Dec 7, 2009)
  • Camp Merritt

    In 1898 the Army bivouacked thousands of soldiers on open land in the Inner Richmond District (SF West History Minute Aug 31, 2010)