Become a Member
Become a Member
We depend on individual donations to survive. Please Donate any amount to help keep this non-profit effort going.
House of Stone
In 1927, this house was the most popular destination in Forest Hill.
SF West History Minute - Feb 10, 2010
On the Map
(click marker for larger map)
Contact us about this video.
Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
Spam Control: What color is the "donate" button at the top of the page? (the name of a fruit, 6 characters, lower case, starts with "o")
More History Minutes
Foerster Street Landslide
On February 6, 1942, fifteen feet of mud overwhelmed a block of the Sunnyside.
(SF West History Minute Feb 7, 2013)
The King Philip Shipwreck
On January 25, 1878, The King Philip was one of three ships to leave San Francisco Bay, but the only one to stay in San Francisco.
(SF West History Minute Apr 19, 2011)
The Sutro Library reopens at their fancy new digs
(SF West History Minute Aug 8, 2012)
The Mothers Building
Once a primary stopping place for any trip to the Zoo.
(SF West History Minute Feb 26, 2010)
Ortega Branch Library Goodbye
Tearing down our recent history
(SF West History Minute Aug 26, 2009)
Jimmy's Old Car Picnic
Jimmy's Old Car Picnic is an annual tradition in Golden Gate Park
(SF West History Minute Oct 11, 2009)
©2000 - 2021 Western Neighborhoods Project 1617 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA 94121 - (415) 661-1000
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 94-3339377) dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of western San Francisco neighborhoods.