Become a Member
Become a Member
We depend on individual donations to survive. Please Donate any amount to help keep this non-profit effort going.
The Missing Rails of 20th Avenue
once upon a time 20th Avenue was the main north-south route through the Sunset
SF West History Minute - Jan 20, 2010
On the Map
(click marker for larger map)
Contact us about this video.
Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
Spam Control: What color is the "donate" button at the top of the page? (the name of a fruit, 6 characters, lower case, starts with "o")
More History Minutes
Golden Gate Park's Prayerbook Cross commemorates Sir Francis Drake
(SF West History Minute Feb 14, 2013)
Life Saving Station
Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District.
(SF West History Minute Nov 17, 2009)
How did Speedway Meadow get its name? Ask the people at Jimmy's Old Car Picnic.
(SF West History Minute Dec 12, 2011)
David Warren Memorial
Remembering the former operator of the Giant Camera, first lighter of the Burning Man, and founder of the Suicide Club, at El Cerrito's Playland-Not-at-the-Beach on January 2, 2010.
(SF West History Minute Jan 9, 2010)
The King Philip Shipwreck
On January 25, 1878, The King Philip was one of three ships to leave San Francisco Bay, but the only one to stay in San Francisco.
(SF West History Minute Apr 19, 2011)
Opening the Golden Gate
The Golden Gate Bridge opened in May 1937
(SF West History Minute May 9, 2012)
©2000 - 2020 Western Neighborhoods Project 1617 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA 94121 - (415) 661-1000
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 94-3339377) dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of western San Francisco neighborhoods.