Become a Member
Become a Member
We depend on individual donations to survive. Please Donate any amount to help keep this non-profit effort going.
Richmond Cheese Lovers
Some would argue that 22nd and Geary was once the Richmond District's heart of Mexican Cuisine.
SF West History Minute - Mar 23, 2010
On the Map
(click marker for larger map)
Contact us about this video.
Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
Spam Control: What color is the "donate" button at the top of the page? (the name of a fruit, 6 characters, lower case, starts with "o")
More History Minutes
Remnant of a Richmond Dairy
The Gables stationery store at 5636 Geary Boulevard was once the home of an 1890s dairyman.
(SF West History Minute Jan 3, 2013)
Life Saving Station
Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District.
(SF West History Minute Nov 17, 2009)
Engine Company 33
117 Broad Street is a historic 1890s firehouse and formerly the home of Engine Company 33.
(SF West History Minute May 27, 2010)
In 1898 the Army bivouacked thousands of soldiers on open land in the Inner Richmond District
(SF West History Minute Aug 31, 2010)
Bill Alvarado remembers Happy Herb's at the WNP Picnic/BBQ, October 3, 2010.
(SF West History Minute Nov 29, 2010)
The story behind the mysterious tunnels through Point Lobos.
(SF West History Minute Mar 1, 2013)
©2000 - 2021 Western Neighborhoods Project 1617 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA 94121 - (415) 661-1000
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 94-3339377) dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of western San Francisco neighborhoods.