Become a Member
Become a Member
We depend on individual donations to survive. Please Donate any amount to help keep this non-profit effort going.
When the cemeteries were moved from the Richmond District, the remains went one place and the headstones another.
SF West History Minute - Jan 28, 2010
Contact us about this video.
Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
Spam Control: What color is the "donate" button at the top of the page? (the name of a fruit, 6 characters, lower case, starts with "o")
More History Minutes
The King Philip Shipwreck
On January 25, 1878, The King Philip was one of three ships to leave San Francisco Bay, but the only one to stay in San Francisco.
(SF West History Minute Apr 19, 2011)
In 1898 the Army bivouacked thousands of soldiers on open land in the Inner Richmond District
(SF West History Minute Aug 31, 2010)
A 1940 Trip to San Francisco Zoo's Monkey Island
(SF West History Minute Apr 22, 2010)
Life Saving Station
Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District.
(SF West History Minute Nov 17, 2009)
How did Speedway Meadow get its name? Ask the people at Jimmy's Old Car Picnic.
(SF West History Minute Dec 12, 2011)
The story behind the mysterious tunnels through Point Lobos.
(SF West History Minute Mar 1, 2013)
©2000 - 2020 Western Neighborhoods Project 1617 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA 94121 - (415) 661-1000
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 94-3339377) dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of western San Francisco neighborhoods.