02/01/16 - posted by Eduardo Ramos
I too came across this board trying to search for Mrs Hegner. I always wished I could thank her for everything she taught me in 5th grade. I attended FS Key from 84-89. She was the best teacher I ever had. I still remember checking by 9's, "30 days hath September..." , The Preamble to the Constitution, cursive writing, all the planets in our solar system and so much more. She said I was "maticulous". I never forgot that. I was new to America, an ESL student and kinda chubby. But she was firm and fair with everyone, strict but loving, neat and organized and I felt safe in her disciplined classroom. She had a good reason for everything she taught us. I had the most respect for her almost fear. I never even thought about doing anything stupid in her class to get in trouble. I learned how to play chess during rainy day recess and I took pride in my special chores like cleaning the chalk board correctly. She was a huge influence in my life and I feel so sad that I just decided to search for her now. I always thought she would live forever. Thank you Mrs Hegner. I hope to see you again someday.
[ First Message ] [ Previous Message ]
[ Back to message list ]
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.