Foerster Street Landslide

On February 6, 1942, fifteen feet of mud overwhelmed a block of the Sunnyside.
SF West History Minute - Feb 7, 2013

Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.


More History Minutes
  • 70 Years of Sunset Butchery

    The Bowcock family opened their first butcher shop on 20th Avenue in 1908. (SF West History Minute Sep 15, 2010)
  • Seventh Avenue Station

    Lindsey Fryar tells us what that odd shed is at 7th Avenue and Fulton Street. (SF West History Minute Oct 4, 2010)
  • Marine Exchange Lookout

    Historian John Martini tells us about one the San Francisco's many west side secrets. (SF West History Minute Dec 27, 2013)
  • The Columbarium

    Lindsey walks among the dead at the Columbarium, once part of the Odd Fellows Cemetery. (SF West History Minute Dec 1, 2010)
  • Death's Crossing

    Revisiting what was one of the most dangerous intersections in San Francisco (SF West History Minute Sep 8, 2009)
  • Mailboxes of Golden Gate Heights

    Up on the hill, Henry Doelger built two versions of every house, and they're not all alike (SF West History Minute Jan 17, 2013)