Sutro's Conservatory

Buried treasures under the lawn at Sutro Heights Park show the location of a long lost building
SF West History Minute - Jan 31, 2013

Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.


More History Minutes
  • Speedway Meadow

    How did Speedway Meadow get its name? Ask the people at Jimmy's Old Car Picnic. (SF West History Minute Dec 12, 2011)
  • Monkey Island

    A 1940 Trip to San Francisco Zoo's Monkey Island (SF West History Minute Apr 22, 2010)
  • Patron Saint Against Earthquakes

    The story of the Ingleside's St Emydius (SF West History Minute May 20, 2009)
  • Jimmy's Old Car Picnic

    Jimmy's Old Car Picnic is an annual tradition in Golden Gate Park (SF West History Minute Oct 11, 2009)
  • Life Saving Station

    Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District. (SF West History Minute Nov 17, 2009)
  • Camp Merritt

    In 1898 the Army bivouacked thousands of soldiers on open land in the Inner Richmond District (SF West History Minute Aug 31, 2010)