Johnnie the Birdman

A 100-year-old reminder of a local busker
SF West History Minute - Sep 7, 2012

Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.


More History Minutes
  • Camp Merritt

    In 1898 the Army bivouacked thousands of soldiers on open land in the Inner Richmond District (SF West History Minute Aug 31, 2010)
  • Patron Saint Against Earthquakes

    The story of the Ingleside's St Emydius (SF West History Minute May 20, 2009)
  • House of Stone

    In 1927, this house was the most popular destination in Forest Hill. (SF West History Minute Feb 10, 2010)
  • Boy Scout Roadhouse

    The first Beach Chalet had a long and moving history (SF West History Minute Mar 20, 2013)
  • Remnant of a Richmond Dairy

    The Gables stationery store at 5636 Geary Boulevard was once the home of an 1890s dairyman. (SF West History Minute Jan 3, 2013)
  • Mohawk Gasoline Station

    Closed for 25-30 years, the old Mohawk gas station on the southeast corner of Irving Street and 16th Avenue still has curb appeal. (SF West History Minute Feb 8, 2011)