Opening the Golden Gate

The Golden Gate Bridge opened in May 1937
SF West History Minute - May 9, 2012

Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.


More History Minutes
  • Secret Past of 649 - 8th Avenue

    The story of a curious building in the Inner Richmond District (SF West History Minute Jan 18, 2011)
  • Speedway Meadow

    How did Speedway Meadow get its name? Ask the people at Jimmy's Old Car Picnic. (SF West History Minute Dec 12, 2011)
  • Remnant of a Richmond Dairy

    The Gables stationery store at 5636 Geary Boulevard was once the home of an 1890s dairyman. (SF West History Minute Jan 3, 2013)
  • The Larkins Building

    The Larkins Building on the NW corner of Arguello and Geary boulevards has in interesting and mostly unknown history. (SF West History Minute Jan 19, 2010)
  • Johnnie the Birdman

    A 100-year-old reminder of a local busker (SF West History Minute Sep 7, 2012)
  • A Family in Lakeshore Park

    Home movie footage courtesy of the Prelinger Archives in the Gellert-built neighborhood south of Sloat Boulevard. (SF West History Minute Sep 22, 2010)