Become a Member
Become a Member
How did Speedway Meadow get its name? Ask the people at Jimmy's Old Car Picnic.
SF West History Minute - Dec 12, 2011
On the Map
(click marker for larger map)
Contact us about this video.
Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
Spam Control: What color is the "donate" button at the top of the page? (the name of a fruit, 6 characters, lower case, starts with "o")
More History Minutes
Patron Saint Against Earthquakes
The story of the Ingleside's St Emydius
(SF West History Minute May 20, 2009)
SF's Widest Street
What is the widest street in the City? It's in the outside lands.
(SF West History Minute Jun 1, 2009)
Sunset School Demolition
The Sunset Cooperative Nursery School was demolished after 59 years to make way for a new school.
(SF West History Minute Feb 22, 2010)
The King Philip Shipwreck
On January 25, 1878, The King Philip was one of three ships to leave San Francisco Bay, but the only one to stay in San Francisco.
(SF West History Minute Apr 19, 2011)
Pine Lake's Many Names
An SF West History Minute on the different names for Pine Lake.
(SF West History Minute Jan 6, 2010)
Lindsey walks among the dead at the Columbarium, once part of the Odd Fellows Cemetery.
(SF West History Minute Dec 1, 2010)
©2000 - 2019 Western Neighborhoods Project 1617 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA 94121 - (415) 661-1000
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 94-3339377) dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of western San Francisco neighborhoods.