Mystery Dividing Line

Funny shaped buildings in West Portal mark a link to San Francisco's Mexican era
SF West History Minute - Apr 29, 2011

Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.


More History Minutes
  • Life Saving Station

    Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District. (SF West History Minute Nov 17, 2009)
  • Engine Company 33

    117 Broad Street is a historic 1890s firehouse and formerly the home of Engine Company 33. (SF West History Minute May 27, 2010)
  • Burger Memories

    Bill Alvarado remembers Happy Herb's at the WNP Picnic/BBQ, October 3, 2010. (SF West History Minute Nov 29, 2010)
  • Twin Peaks Tunnel

    The Twin Peaks Tunnel connected downtown with the west side in 1918 (SF West History Minute Aug 18, 2009)
  • Sunset Tank Houses and Wells

    Lurking in backyards and underground are some Outer Sunset District water sources. (SF West History Minute Dec 20, 2010)
  • Walking the Lakeside Neighborhood

    An Icelandic enclave near Stonestown (SF West History Minute Apr 16, 2010)