Become a Member
Become a Member
The King Philip Shipwreck
On January 25, 1878, The King Philip was one of three ships to leave San Francisco Bay, but the only one to stay in San Francisco.
SFWest History Minute - Apr 19, 2011
On the Map
(click marker for larger map)
Contact us about this video.
Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
Spam Control: What color is the "donate" button at the top of the page?
More History Minutes
Opening the Golden Gate
The Golden Gate Bridge opened in May 1937
(SF West History Minute May 9, 2012)
Is Laffin' Sal one of a kind?
(SF West History Minute Aug 10, 2009)
A Family in Lakeshore Park
Home movie footage courtesy of the Prelinger Archives in the Gellert-built neighborhood south of Sloat Boulevard.
(SF West History Minute Sep 22, 2010)
The Larkins Building
The Larkins Building on the NW corner of Arguello and Geary boulevards has in interesting and mostly unknown history.
(SF West History Minute Jan 19, 2010)
House of Stone
In 1927, this house was the most popular destination in Forest Hill.
(SF West History Minute Feb 10, 2010)
Marine Exchange Lookout
Historian John Martini tells us about one the San Francisco's many west side secrets.
(SF West History Minute Dec 27, 2013)
©2000 - 2019 Western Neighborhoods Project 1617 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA 94121 - (415) 661-1000
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 94-3339377) dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of western San Francisco neighborhoods.