Become a Member
Secret Past of 649 - 8th Avenue
The story of a curious building in the Inner Richmond District
SF West History Minute - Jan 18, 2011
On the Map
(click marker for larger map)
Contact us about this video.
Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
Spam Control: What's five times five?
The Sutro Library reopens at their fancy new digs
(SF West History Minute Aug 8, 2012)
Opening the Golden Gate
The Golden Gate Bridge opened in May 1937
(SF West History Minute May 9, 2012)
Jamie O'Keefe discusses the ebbs and flows of San Francisco's differing fire hydrants
(SF West History Minute May 15, 2013)
The Great Sign Search
We go looking throughout the hills West of Twin Peaks for artifacts of an earlier day
(SF West History Minute Oct 28, 2009)
Lindsey walks among the dead at the Columbarium, once part of the Odd Fellows Cemetery.
(SF West History Minute Dec 1, 2010)
In 1898 the Army bivouacked thousands of soldiers on open land in the Inner Richmond District
(SF West History Minute Aug 31, 2010)
©2000 - 2017 Western Neighborhoods Project 4016 Geary Blvd, Suite A, San Francisco, CA 94118 - (415) 661-1000
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of western San Francisco neighborhoods.