Sunset Tank Houses and Wells

Lurking in backyards and underground are some Outer Sunset District water sources.
SF West History Minute - Dec 20, 2010

Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
  • 70 Years of Sunset Butchery

    The Bowcock family opened their first butcher shop on 20th Avenue in 1908. (SF West History Minute Sep 15, 2010)
  • We Love the Fog

    Woody LaBounty waxes poetic on the west side's Summer visitor (SF West History Minute Sep 24, 2009)
  • Life Saving Station

    Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District. (SF West History Minute Nov 17, 2009)
  • Mohawk Gasoline Station

    Closed for 25-30 years, the old Mohawk gas station on the southeast corner of Irving Street and 16th Avenue still has curb appeal. (SF West History Minute Feb 8, 2011)
  • Tombstone Search

    When the cemeteries were moved from the Richmond District, the remains went one place and the headstones another. (SF West History Minute Jan 28, 2010)
  • KGO House

    The off-screen elf thinks he knows everything... (SF West History Minute Nov 29, 2010)