Become a Member
Become a Member
A 1940 Trip to San Francisco Zoo's Monkey Island
SF West History Minute - Apr 22, 2010
Contact us about this video.
Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
Spam Control: What color is the "donate" button at the top of the page? (the name of a fruit, 6 characters, lower case, starts with "o")
More History Minutes
The King Philip Shipwreck
On January 25, 1878, The King Philip was one of three ships to leave San Francisco Bay, but the only one to stay in San Francisco.
(SF West History Minute Apr 19, 2011)
Business as Usual on Ocean Avenue
Ocean Avenue, a street of firsts.
(SF West History Minute Jun 30, 2009)
How did Speedway Meadow get its name? Ask the people at Jimmy's Old Car Picnic.
(SF West History Minute Dec 12, 2011)
Remnant of a Richmond Dairy
The Gables stationery store at 5636 Geary Boulevard was once the home of an 1890s dairyman.
(SF West History Minute Jan 3, 2013)
Patron Saint Against Earthquakes
The story of the Ingleside's St Emydius
(SF West History Minute May 20, 2009)
Life Saving Station
Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District.
(SF West History Minute Nov 17, 2009)
©2000 - 2019 Western Neighborhoods Project 1617 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA 94121 - (415) 661-1000
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 94-3339377) dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of western San Francisco neighborhoods.