Walking the Lakeside Neighborhood

An Icelandic enclave near Stonestown
SF West History Minute - Apr 16, 2010

Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.


More History Minutes
  • House of Stone

    In 1927, this house was the most popular destination in Forest Hill. (SF West History Minute Feb 10, 2010)
  • The King Philip Shipwreck

    On January 25, 1878, The King Philip was one of three ships to leave San Francisco Bay, but the only one to stay in San Francisco. (SF West History Minute Apr 19, 2011)
  • Richmond Cheese Lovers

    Some would argue that 22nd and Geary was once the Richmond District's heart of Mexican Cuisine. (SF West History Minute Mar 23, 2010)
  • Life Saving Station

    Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District. (SF West History Minute Nov 17, 2009)
  • World War II in San Francisco

    John Martini recounts how close the war came on Christmas Eve 1941 (SF West History Minute Nov 22, 2011)
  • Inner Richmond History Walk

    A stroll though the Richmond (SF West History Minute May 11, 2009)