Become a Member
Become a Member
Sutro Heights "Bunkers"
John Martini demystifies the concrete structures in Sutro Heights
SF West History Minute - Oct 1, 2009
On the Map
(click marker for larger map)
Contact us about this video.
Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
Spam Control: What color is the "donate" button at the top of the page? (the name of a fruit, 6 characters, lower case, starts with "o")
More History Minutes
How did Speedway Meadow get its name? Ask the people at Jimmy's Old Car Picnic.
(SF West History Minute Dec 12, 2011)
The story behind the mysterious tunnels through Point Lobos.
(SF West History Minute Mar 1, 2013)
House of Stone
In 1927, this house was the most popular destination in Forest Hill.
(SF West History Minute Feb 10, 2010)
Life Saving Station
Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District.
(SF West History Minute Nov 17, 2009)
Mystery Dividing Line
Funny shaped buildings in West Portal mark a link to San Francisco's Mexican era
(SF West History Minute Apr 29, 2011)
Mohawk Gasoline Station
Closed for 25-30 years, the old Mohawk gas station on the southeast corner of Irving Street and 16th Avenue still has curb appeal.
(SF West History Minute Feb 8, 2011)
©2000 - 2019 Western Neighborhoods Project 1617 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA 94121 - (415) 661-1000
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 94-3339377) dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of western San Francisco neighborhoods.