IT'S A RUMOR - JOE'S OF WESTLAKE IS NOT CLOSING

07/02/05 - posted by Karyn Ann Bosso

GOOD NEWS!

I have it on very good authority - Joe's is NOT closing - it has NOT been sold - it will NOT be demolished! Today I spoke with Mr. Gus Kiniris, Restaurant Manager at Joe's of Westlake and he (along with owner Hal Bobrow)assured me that it is only a rumor - and apparently there are several versions of this rumor spreading around via the internet. Mr. Kiniris said that for the past couple of weeks he and Mr. Bobrow have been getting at least 10-15 calls per day from sad and anxious long-time customers (gee, imagine how the employees feel getting these calls - wondering if they are going to be out of a job in 2006). Gus Kiniris said that the versions of the rumor that he has heard is RUMOR 1) Joe's will be closing in January 2006 - NOT TRUE RUMOR 2) The entire property will be razed for condos - NOT TRUE RUMOR 3) It was sold to Asians - NOT TRUE RUMOR 3) It was sold to Arabs - NOT TRUE RUMOR 3) It was sold to a Japanese conglomerate - NOT TRUE.

He hadn't heard the rumor about the $25 million though - he laughed! He assured me that business is as usual and will continue on and on!

GOOD NEWS - SPREAD IT AROUND!

The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.