Your StoriesRe: Monterey is Popping again
- 03/22/17 Monterey is Popping again - posted by jb
- 03/23/17 Re: Monterey is Popping again - posted by Dave L.
- 03/23/17 Re: Monterey is Popping again - posted by Mary-Ann
- 03/23/17 Re: Monterey is Popping again - posted by John Martini
- 03/30/17 Re: Monterey is Popping again - posted by Tim Dineen
- 03/31/17 Re: Monterey is Popping again - posted by paul bishop
Re: Monterey is Popping again03/23/17
posted by John Martini
This story is a sidebar to the Monterey Pop Festival. I didn't make it (I was only 15) but my future sister-in-law Lindsay did and appears briefly in the film, lying on the grass and grooving while Ravi Shankar performed.
We had her 20-something son over one night a few years ago and rented the video, watching for Lindsay's very brief appearance. Rather than being impressed by his mom's moment in the sun, his response was very different:
"The people in the audience are all sitting down and listening. Why aren't they jumping up down and pushing each other and rushing the stage?"
His concert experiences had been very different from his mom's.
1967 was indeed a very good year.
[ First Message ] [ Next Message ] [ Previous Message ] [ Last Message ]
[ Back to message list ]